Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is currently seeking a Co-Op to support our Technical department in the Vandalia Ohio location during the Spring term.
Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. Dayton is a full-service industrial water management company with a focus on a cost effective blend of service, chemistry and equipment technologies. With our balanced process management approach to water-related issues, we are able to create and implement innovative, sustainable, custom water solutions that reduce the overall cost of operation and compliance. Veolia Water Technologies, an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water Technologies is a Veolia company. Veolia provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, and Veolia Energy.
The Technical department Co-Op position is responsible for providing technical resources and support to Company employees. This involves skills in training, writing, communicating, researching, troubleshooting, and developing solutions to meet both internal and external needs.
- Support the Hydrex Platform. Hydrex is the Veolia branded chemical line.
- Management of all lab equipment including; shipping and receiving, inventory control, parts inventory, manuals, certifications, etc.
- Management of the Technical Library including document control and test procedures
- Customer troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Provide training support for internal training that enhances the technical competency of Field Representatives.
- Analyze and interpret water samples and analysis results.
- Provide field support during pilot tests.
- Work to control Technical Lab inventory on chemicals and water/wastewater samples
- Manage coagulant/flocculant and foam control Hydrex sample kits, expiration dates and restock requests.
- Assist in writing procedures, training programs, reports, etc.
- Create and review calculation files related to water treatment and water treatment reports.
- Participate in the writing, content, technical, and product review and selection for customer reviews and proposals as requires.
- Assist knowledge management team with system specific resources and technical information.
- Support chemical and/or equipment trails for potential customers
- Maintain a highly organized record of work in progress and work completed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be in pursuit of Bachelors Degree, preferably in chemical or environmental engineer.
- Must have reached Sophomore status
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA required
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.
Process Management (Business)