Property Field Adjuster
101 East River Dr. East Hartford, CT 06108
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
- Handle the outside investigation and settlement of property claims
- Ability to confidently handle complex homeowner’s claims
- Regularly scope and estimate damage up to $50,000
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1 year of property claims adjusting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong coverage and organizational skills
- The ability to bend/lift/carry/move up to 15 pounds and adjust and move objects and debris.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; ascend and descend stairs, ramps and ladders; position yourself in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces and uneven spaces; inspect and fully appraise all physical aspects of the property and building.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work under all environmental conditions including low and high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, hazardous conditions, poor ventilation and small and/or enclosed spaces.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Mortgage Loans