Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 500 Colvin Woods Parkway, Tonawanda, NY 14150.
Please note, our office is moving to 600 Airborne Parkway, Cheektowaga, NY 14225 this summer.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma, GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimumof 3+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- HealthCare/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plandocuments, or benefit plan design)
- Socialwork, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behaviorchange (working with vulnerablepopulations)
- Sales oraccount management experience
- CustomerService Experience
UnitedHealth Groupis a team of more than 200,000 people who are building career success throughcommitment, compassion and a desire to make a difference. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Careersat UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work wedo. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on ascale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As amember of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions thathelp nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write thenext chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of opendoors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further.This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is adrug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
Keywords: customerservice representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center,UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class