At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier self-determined lives. Our Children's program is now looking for Behavioral Health Technician (BHT).
Reports to: BHT Coordinator
Employment Status: Per Diem/ Relief (NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FULL-TIME BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, AND RETIREMENT)
Formally TSS WORKER
Behavioral health technicians provides one-to-one mental health interventions to a child (ren) or adolescent(s) with a serious emotional disturbance in order to prevent more restrictive services or out-of-home placement and to promote age-appropriate psycho-social growth. These services, recommended by a psychologist/psychiatrist and approved by CBH, are designed to be short-term with as little disruption as possible in the home and educational setting. The behavioral health technicians worker should work collaboratively with the family, the teachers and other school personnel to help then develop the skills and techniques needed to integrate the child into normalizing activities. The Behavioral health technicians worker uses various interventions including:
- Positive behavioral reinforcement
- Emotional support
- Time-structuring activities
- Crisis intervention techniques
- Other strategies as prescribed in the child’s treatment plan
- Specific interventions to assist the child in developing age-appropriate self-management skills, such as focusing attention, organization and planning and appropriate participation and interaction across multiple settings.
- Support to the teachers, parents and other adults responsible for supervising the child in the classroom or in the home/community settings in their efforts to provide direct supervision.
- Assistance to the teacher, parent or other adult in providing therapeutic structure and setting clear limits for the child.
- Assistance in implementing a behavioral intervention plan for the child.
- Assistance in implementing alternative activities to redirect challenging behaviors.
- Assistance in promoting positive relationships with teachers, aides, families, siblings and peers.
- Assistance to the family, teacher in insuring safety to the child and others.
- Assistance in promoting positive behavior with peers during lunch, recess, bathroom visits, bus, etc. while in school.
- Assistance in promoting positive behavior within the family throughout the normally scheduled routines, as noted in the treatment plan.
- Have a high school diploma/GED or higher.
- Must be able to complete 64 hours of behavioral health technicians paid training upon hire*
***Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.
$16/hour individual, $16/hour group,
- Behavioral Medicine
- Crisis Intervention
- Self Motivation
- Positive Behavior Support