To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basile, LA 70515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Basile, LA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the receipt, investigation, and facility responses to grievances that are filed by detainees of the facility. Makes recommendations for corrective action when appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon request, assists inmates/detainees in filing grievances through informal communication procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of prisoner grievances and any corresponding action pursuant to the grievance.
- Investigates and recommends response action to management.
- Ensures full compliance with client agency procedures pertaining to inmate/detainee grievances.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action when warranted to management.
- Performs other administrative and investigative duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a Correctional Officer required. College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of correctional program objectives, applicable court orders and laws as well as have a general understanding of the requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Demonstration of the abilities needed to write communications, documents, policies, courtroom defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence is required.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates/staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must be able to use computers and the software applications typically used by the facility.