To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Temporary RN (Bilingual Russian Preferred)
JFS • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 11 days ago
At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org
The Part Time Temporary Registered Nurse (RN) works as part of a multidisciplinary team and acts as a Health Care Consultant with Social Work Care Manager regarding health needs of clients. The RN will work as part of the Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP.) S/he certifies client’s level of care. The Nurse Case Manager is responsible for conducting health assessments of frail elderly clients in the community. In conjunction with the Social Work Care Manager S/he will develop and consult regarding clients’ on going healthcare needs. The RN will monitor clients’ health status and act as liaison to the medical community in coordinating clients’ health care and offer crisis intervention when needed.
- Current RN License; must be active and unrestricted for the State of California
- Current BLS certification required
- Unrestricted CA Driver’s License
- Must have 1 year of experience as a professional nurse
- BSN preferred
- Experience working with the older adult population
- Ability to speak Russian, strong desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to function independently and with flexibility
- Case management and community based service delivery experience preferred
- Must be culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population; able to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes; able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Evaluate the potential client as a total person and identify the functional and health limitations that impede independent living.
- Responsible for conducting in-depth assessments and/or reassessments covering medical, health and rehabilitation concerns
- Responsible for certifying level of care determinations
- Perform physical assessments as necessary and interpret clinical findings
- Work with physicians and other health professionals.
- Consult and Collaborate in the development of the care plan with the Social Work Care.
- Implement the services detailed in the care plan
- Conduct follow-up and monitoring of client’s needs and care plan.
- Identify and develop support systems for the client.
- Comprehensive case documentation and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Time Limited dependent on funding