In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
*** $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for fulltime Clinic Registered Nurse positions *** (sign on bonus applies to external hires only and must meet company guidelines for bonus payout)
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a full time Clinic RN for our Franciscan Rheumatology in Lakewood, WA. We are a team based environment with several specialties, sub specialties and varied practices. No weekends, nights or organizationally reconized holidays.
This job is responsible for providing professional nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient care in a clinic setting consistent with CHI Franciscan Health (CHI-FH) standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements an Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice policy. An incumbent is engaged in direct care of clinic patients, including assessing, coordinating, triaging, evaluating and delegating work to members of the patient care team, and for providing education and consultation with patients, families, physicians and other staff members in implementing appropriate nursing interventions for optimal patient care.
Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician/provider. Work requires the application of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with physicians/providers, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education, and delegate appropriate tasks.
If assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an incumbent provides patient care services within scope of practice to the assigned clinic/work unit as needed to meeting staffing needs.
*RN-Clinic Specialty title applies only to employees assigned to the VM OB Clinic.
- Delivers professional nursing care to clinic patients; performs diagnostic testing and related clinical procedures to appropriate level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures; independently triages nursing situations in accordance with standing orders/protocols; addresses more complex, urgent or emergent situations escalated from other clinic staff.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order; tracks and logs medication usage per established policies; inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient's electronic medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients, obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam, ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for/effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served:Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's defined specific populations served.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Graduate of accredited school of Registered Nursing approved by the WA State Board of Nursing required; BSN preferred.
- One year clinic RN experience or 2 years of acute care experience preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver's license and ability to drive to assigned location(s).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.