The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services & Products Company. Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of fabric structures and greenhouses.
We have an immediate opening for a Credit Analyst. We are looking for a professional who is willing and able to contribute to the growth and success of ESAPCO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing credit data to estimate the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to firms or individuals by performing the following duties:
- Providing quality service to internal customers through undertaking risk assessment analysis of various types of lending proposals
- Analyzing financial information, such as statements, management accounts and cash flow statements
- Developing models of credit information to predict patterns and trends using specialist statistical software
- Assessing the credit worthiness of client companies
- Advising and recommending changes to policy and procedure
- Conversing with other staff within the company, such as account managers and product specialists
- Helping to ensure that procedures comply with sector standards
- Staying informed about the legal, compliance and market-risk-related issues involved in the approval of credit.
- Establish credit limitations on customer accounts.
- Handle special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Ensure that collections are made on a timely basis and in compliance with good customer service procedures.
- Coordinate investigation of fraud and legal action.
- Compile and analyze statistical data on fraudulent use of credit cards to develop procedures to deter abuses.
- Assist management in formulating customer credit collection activities that maximize sales potential.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of Accounting software.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree: or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidates are positive, motivated and team oriented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), educational assistance, vacation, personal/sick time, disability, dependent care, wholesale memberships, product discounts, and more.
- Self Motivation
- Customer Service