To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Vision Way
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SOX Compliance Accountant
Kaman Distribution • Bloomfield, CT
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Kaman Distribution Group Accounting Team has a vacancy for a self-motivated Sox Compliance Accountant to join our team in Bloomfield, Connecticut. This position is an integral element in maintaining and reporting the Divisional Sarbanes-Oxley (\u201cSOX\u201d) compliance program. The person assists in evaluating control risk and deficiencies as they are measured against standards for determining a significant deficiency or material weakness as well as identifying and suggesting opportunities to improve control and efficiency. The role includes assisting in coordinating Platform compliance programs and performing testing on a quarterly basis. In addition, this person will perform financial accounting responsibilities through analyzing and researching account details to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs management’s quarterly SOX testing process, which includes timely performance and review of Segregation of Duties (\u201cSOD\u201d), Tests of Design (\u201cTOD\u201d) and Tests of Effectiveness (\u201cTOE\u201d) and updating narratives to ensure all SOX policy requirements are met.
- Evaluates control weaknesses and exceptions to help determine whether they rise to the level of deficiencies, significant deficiencies, or material weaknesses.
- Evaluates existing controls and processes. Identifies areas of improvement and assists with developing solutions.
- Assist in monitoring of the control environment to ensure controls are in line and consistent with business processes and risks.
- Assists in communicating and facilitating control and process changes to the process owners.
- Facilitates Internal/External Audit requirements related to SOX compliance or others as necessary.
- Provides the field with accurate and timely researched information, source documents and solutions to problems.
- Assists in preparing monthly account reconciliations. Prepares and enters standard, recurring and adjusting journal entries for reporting purposes.
- Manages accounts, analyzes, understands and verifies validity of transactions.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Experience in accounting and audit, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing setting is desired.
- Experience with a strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and compliance programs.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Integrity is of the utmost importance
- A working knowledge of COSO standards
- Travel of 10% dependent on projects.
- Strong computer skills, especially proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in accounting terminology, cost accounting, accounting principles and auditing procedures
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Analytical thinking