Summary of Position Requirements:
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories. In addition, assist with department community timeline, department workflow, and areas of responsibility within the division. #CB
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the process in maintaining JDE issues related to contracts.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Interact with the field staff to resolve payment issues, product replacement and conflicts.
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and contracts.
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities.
- Assist with communication with Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
- Assist Purchasing Manager and/or Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
- Cross train in areas of purchasing in order to be able to help out as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School or GED required
- Associates degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a purchasing role
- Efficient with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, JD Edwards and other software systems
- Residential Construction experience is preferred
- Professionally perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have integrity and loyalty
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail