Summary of Position Requirements:
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories. In addition, assist with department community timeline, department workflow, and areas of responsibility within the division. #CB
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the process in maintaining JDE issues related to contracts.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Interact with the field staff to resolve payment issues, product replacement and conflicts.
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and contracts.
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities.
- Assist with communication with Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
- Assist Purchasing Manager and/or Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
- Cross train in areas of purchasing in order to be able to help out as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School or GED required
- Associates degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a purchasing role
- Efficient with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, JD Edwards and other software systems
- Residential Construction experience is preferred
- Professionally perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have integrity and loyalty
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-5156
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The history of our Company is amazing. Lennar began in 1954, as F&R Builders, co-founded by Gene Fisher and Arnold Rosen. In 1956 Leonard Miller joined F&R by investing $10,000 and replacing Gene as Arnold’s partner. Through Leonard’s guidance and Arnold’s attention to construction, our hallmark traits of Quality, Value and Integrity were born. In 1970 we became a public Company under the corporate banner of Lennar, a combination of Leonard and Arnold’s names.
View the full profile
Through the years, Lennar has grown to a disciplined and spirited team of Associates who have fine-tuned the art of identifying and capturing opportunities to grow and become an even better Company. The result is a long proven track record of strategically timed and impeccably executed expansions into new markets. As a result, Lennar now builds homes in some of the most desirable cities and states to live in all across America, and has now become one of the most respected homebuilders in the nation.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes in Communities that cater to almost any lifestyle – such as urban, golf course, Active Adult or suburban Communities.