To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77090
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Service Desk Support Specialist II
PSA Healthcare • Houston, TX
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As the entry point to IT, this individual will be responsible for insuring that the help desk provides exceptional customer service to Aveanna end users. The Help Desk is the face of IT to our end users. As such this individual will possess excellent customer service, trouble shooting and excellent communication skills. In addition to this, this person will have the ability to be a quick thinker that can react quickly to situations. A self-starter that takes initiatives to improve the position and the overall IT organization. Consistent customer care, quality standards, and reporting requirements are core competencies of the position.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming inquiries, service requests and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to tickets via email and phone.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Work within Service Level Agreements, including but not limited to turn around time, data accuracy, etc.
- Verbally walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction at the end of the call.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their issue has been resolved.
- Create and submit detailed call logs documenting customer interactions in ticketing system. Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key call logging components
- Take all steps to troubleshoot issues reported to them and resolve or escalate to the appropriate contact.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem, and work with Application Development and IT Infrastructure teams on solutions to resolve problems.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve basic connectivity problems with desktops, laptops and printers.
- Install computer software and peripherals for users.
- Write training documents for end users.
- Proactively monitor the overall performance of the help desk team and refine processes and procedures to continuously improve the quality and level of service provided to end users.
- Document help desk processes and procedures, including troubleshooting procedures.
- Contribute current technical information and end user best practices to Aveanna’s knowledge base.
- Guide and mentor other help desk personnel.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software when appropriate.
- Gain understanding of the systems our customers are using to perform their work.
- Run weekly helpdesk reports to proactively identify and resolve recurring problems.
- Track trouble ticket trends and report these trends to IT management team.
- Adhere strictly to shift schedule. Timeliness is a key requirement.
- Promptly notify management of any potentially “dissatisfied” customers.
- Proactively seek and possess business acumen for all clients supported.
- Maintain technical proficiency in all applications utilized by clients supported.
- The Senior Help Desk Technician must possess an associate or bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a dynamic help desk environment with 2 being in a lead role.
- Must have experience troubleshooting basic Software issues on the following:
- Windows 7 Operating System.
- Windows XP Operating System.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9.
- Other Internet applications (i.e. FireFox, Safari, etc..) • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem solving skills, organizational skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment in any customer service scenario
- Must have experience troubleshooting PC and Laptop hardware issues.
- Must have basic Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience working with ticketing systems.
- Command of English (business/fluent)
- Scripting experience with Visual Basic is a plus.
- Healthcare experience preferable
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
- Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must have strong sense of smell and touch
- Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisition ID: R0009655