Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported as you make an impact in a fast paced career? At UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you can have all of the above, everyday. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers.
As a Senior Customer Service Representative, you'll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You'll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert for team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the caller's issue and work to resolve the inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer - driven health care topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to becoming self - sufficient with our tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call - center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computers and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficient in translating health care - related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift between 6 am - 9:00 pm Sunday - Thursday, Monday - Friday, or Tuesday – Saturday
- Prior health care experience
- Knowledge of billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
Thehealth and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are takinga science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of ourworkforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continueto monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, payingspecific attention to geography - specific trends. We have taken steps toensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providingthem with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patientsand customers who depend on us. Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well - beinginclude:
- Launchedour ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stressfor our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected byCOVID - 19
- Dailyupdates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members duringthis challenging time
- Onsitesocial distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who havebeen welcomed back to our offices
- Fullycover the COVID - 19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employeeswho self - identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk havebeen asked to remain working from home
Youcan learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID - 19 and support impactedcommunities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Customer Service Representative - West Valley City, UT
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Customer Service Representative - West Valley City, UTCareers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer Service, CSR, Senior CSR, West Valley City, Call Center, hiring immediately