To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Control System Development Engineer
Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) • Ypsilanti, MI
Posted 2 months ago
The Powertrain Control System and Virtual Development Team in Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an engineering team that focuses on improving performance of Hyundai/Kia vehicles for North American market. Located in Superior Township, MI the team's key roles and responsibilities are:
- Develop or identify new control technologies, strategies, and methods to attain improved the fuel economy and the performance in current and future Hyundai and Kia production including conventional, hybrid, and electric vehicles
- Lead activities developing an advanced control concept utilizing ADAS and V2X technologies
- Analyze the feasibility and the impact of the new control system through simulation and vehicle testing using rapid prototyping
- Build virtual processes integrating multiple simulation tools in developing new control algorithms and testing/optimizing/validating the performance
- Work with Korea R&D Center production program to develop production-ready control algorithms and introduce them to next generation production vehicles
- Investigate industry trend through benchmarking competitor products' control systems and strategies and leverage the information in setting development direction and performance target
We are looking for a talented and motivated Control System Development engineer to support developing new vehicle powertrain control algorithms and integrating them in our current and next generation Hyundai/Kia vehicles via embedded control systems. This position is responsible for project success as part of a project team developing new technologies as well as providing technical support to internal customers in the area of Vehicle Powertrain R&D. The ideal candidate must have experience and be able to significantly contribute in many of the following areas:
- Develop new powertrain control systems or improve current ones to enable short-term and long-term benefits for production vehicles, using various control methods ranging from PID to MPC
- Develop creative control concepts utilizing state-of-the-art technologies such as ADAS, V2X, and high resolution GPS/navigation.
- Integrate developed controls logics and algorithms in embedded software environment for building prototype vehicle systems, using engineering tools such as Matlab/Simulink, ETAS ASCET, ETAS INTECRIO, ETAS EHOOKS, dSPACE MicroAutoBox, and ETAS RP modules
- Run simulation models to develop, test, optimize, and validate control systems in virtual environment, using simulation tools such as Matlab/Simulink, GT-SUITE, AVL-CRUISE
- Run vehicle tests at chassis dyno, proving ground, or on road to develop and validate control algorithms in actual vehicle environment and to evaluate major competitor vehicles' control systems
- Work with other engineering teams within HATCI and in Korea R&D Center to define and demonstrate the improvement and the feasibility of control function concepts and technologies
- Develop production-ready control logics using ETAS ASCET and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and support production implementation by creating description document
- Write and present reports and documents of technical analysis, system trade- offs as well as business case for technologies.
- Travel requirement for this position is up to 10% of time domestic and international.
- Bachelor's degree in Control System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Automotive Engineering
- 2 years of experience in (1) developing and integrating controls logics and algorithms, (2) testing vehicle and vehicle powertrain control system, (3) developing vehicle and control algorithm using simulation models
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor