To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Radford, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Security Engineer with Splunk
Apex Systems • Radford, VA
Posted 21 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer with a DoD client in beautiful Southwest Virginia. This is a fast-paced, cutting edge data center offering room for advancement, professional and technical growth and long term stability.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the DoD space, please send a resume and best contact information to Tia Bracken, Sr. Professional Recruiter, via [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain at minimum an interim secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Location: Radford, VA (Low cost of living, beautiful scenery)
Terms: Long Term W2 Contract
Benefits for this project: PTO and Paid Holidays, Short/Long term disability, 401k plan, Health/Dental/Vision, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts
- Project Details: This position is for a full-time Cyber Security Engineer with previous experience with Splunk. Resource shall provide information systems security engineering assistance.
- Environment: Large, multifaceted data center, multi-customer site. SPLUNK Enterprise Security Platform design support
- Additional Aspects: Strong growth potential (transition towards lead/architecture down the road), technical training (i.e. Pluralsight license), certification discounts (CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco), potential remote work flexibility
- Key Requirements: Experience with file integrity monitoring, IPS/IDS, Detection/Prevention Systems.
- We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, competitive pay rates, PTO and paid holidays
- Health/Medical benefits, Life Insurance, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts to most major certification programs, access to multiple technical training platforms and programs
Why SW Virginia?
- Beautiful scenery-- Blue Ridge Parkway!
- Low cost of living
- Access to many major cities on the east coast within a few hours ((2hr 20 min to Charlotte, 4hr to DC, 3hr to Richmond)
Splunk Engineer Job Description:
As part of the Cyber Security Branch - Internal Controls Team, Resource shall provide information systems security engineering assistance consisting of the following tasks:
- Resource will deploy, install, manage, and operate SPLUNK Enterprise Security.
- Resource will deploy, install, manage, and operate file integrity monitoring systems.
- Resource will deploy, install, manage, and operate Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Resource will customize and create rules and signatures for IDS/IPS to meet emerging vulnerabilities and provide enhanced detection capabilities.
- Resource will perform daily vulnerability check using multiple intelligence gathering sources and provide written summaries of threat and vulnerability information.
- Resource will assist in the preparation of network infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
- Resource will provide SPLUNK Enterprise Security Platform design support.
- Resource will coordinate with team to ensure all devices and components report all logs to the SPLUNK Enterprise Security Platform and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of assets.
- Resource will update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the Risk Management Framework (RMF); i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
- DoD 8570.01M IAM level II certification is required. Resource must possess Baseline certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01M
Splunk Engineer Job Requirements:
- A total of at least 4 years of experience in CyberSecurity (aka, Information Assurance) and Splunk administration performing the above specified tasks
- Strong PCRE (regular expression) skills
- Experience utilizing best practices for getting data into Splunk and the Common Information Model
- Experience with working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, and security technology logging
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178