3rd Key/Assistant Store Manager SUMMARY
Assistant Store Manager in overall managing of retail store engaged in selling grocery merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Assumes full control of store in the absence of Store Manager. Promote the general welfare of the store.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and enforces all company policies. Attendance at work is mandatory. Ability to cooperate at work.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Assist in formulating pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing, merchandise displays and advertising copy. Maintain clean and neat store appearance at all times.
- Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, preparing daily record of transactions for Accountant, and performs work of subordinates, as needed. Orders merchandise to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Compares inventory to office records or computer figures from records such as sales orders, and purchase invoices to obtain current inventory. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, safety, sales and recordkeeping procedures and practices. Continuously strive to meet store goals on inventory control, payroll, over and short, and sales. Responsible for cash control of all funds. Makes bank deposits. Locks and secures store.
- Answers customer's complaints or inquiries. Provides excellent customer service.
Manages 1-4 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 3-10 employees in the Produce Department, Meat Department, and Grocery Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises 3 or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must hold a valid driver's license.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: use hands to finger, handle, and feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Business Correspondence
- Customer Service
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking
- File Manager