Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Phoenix, Minneapolis, or Atlanta office:Government Informatics Senior Consultant
What can you expect?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
- Work alongside passionate, critical-thinking colleagues to assist government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services
- Be on the cutting edge of health care reform, we partner with states and the Federal government on implementing a wide variety of health care and human services issues, including actuarial, data/systems analysis, clinical, policy, pharmacy, operations, and procurement
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, Government Human Services Consulting(GHSC) offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What’s in it for you?
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to employee discounts and other ancillary benefits
- This position also offers 25 vacation days annually
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks - having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
We will count on you to:
- Observe, evaluate and create data model architectures to ensure they are aligned with the scope of the project
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis), communicating these data anomalies with project and client team and providing insight, expertise and direction on addressing issues
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously, including: Organizing project work flow and delegating project tasks to junior staff; managing the quality and timeliness of project deliverables and ensuring client deliverables are client ready
- Work directly with clients to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide junior staff training as needed to complete project tasks. Act as resource for support staff, answer questions, and provide workarounds for obstacles that arise
- Participate on interviewing teams and assist in candidate selection
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 7 + years of industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of health care data
- Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language
What makes you ideal for the role?
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government Informatics Senior Consultant
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees. Whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government Informatics Senior Consultant We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).