Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings.
At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida. JOB SUMMARY:
The Contract Analyst – Intermediate is responsible for developing, analyzing and executing procurements and negotiations (RFQ, ACS, ITB, RFI, RFP, ITN) including being independently responsible for procurements of intermediate complexity. This position works within broad policy and organizational guidelines to independently lead, plan and implement procurement projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop, plan, and lead simple to intermediate level solicitations/procurements. Develop strategies and documentation for competitive solicitations (requests for information/invitations to negotiate/etc). Research, analyze, develop, plan and execute sourcing and negotiation strategies.
- Lead solicitation project teams and govern solicitation activities to result in fully compliant and thoroughly documented solicitation processes. Provide solicitation project management including planning, organizing, ensuring project plan alignment, issue resolution, and enforcing solicitation requirements to deliver projects that meet project timelines and objectives.
- Collaborate with and guide multiple stakeholders, including business unit management/staff and Vendor Management Office staff, to develop optimal strategies to build consensus and execute timely projects to achieve desired procurement outcomes and customer satisfaction. Ensure business requirements are integrated into procurements and contracts, and strategic corporate objectives are met.
- Ensure operational compliance to purchasing policies and procedures, governing statutory requirements (including Florida public meetings laws), and documentation and database protocols. Analyze solicitation activities in real time to identify evolving legal and program risks; work closely with senior Purchasing Management and Legal Service staff to execute strategies to mitigate risks as needed to maintain positive progress toward business objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Purchasing laws, rules, regulations and policies
- Contract drafting and terminology
- General Business practices
- Customer Service practices/principles
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Contract negotiation ability
- Conflict resolution capability
- Strong oral, written communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access, Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 3 or more years of purchasing or contract management experience.
- Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or other related field
- 4 or more years of purchasing or contract management experience
- Florida Certified Contract Negotiator (FCCN)
- Florida Certified Contract Manager (FCCM)
- Facilitation and management of public meetings
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complex Problem Solving