Position: Business Development Strategist
Location: Boston, MA
JLL seeks an experienced business development strategist to partner with our internal stakeholders in the pursuit of winning new business in the tenant/occupier market. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic advisory support and implementing proposal strategies that are data-based and which maximize “wins.” The new business strategist will drive continuous improvements to JLL’s pitch and proposal process including working with leaders in other business lines and across our North American business. This business development professional will oversee a team of marketers, designers and analysts who are aligned with our tenant-focused business groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with client-facing partners to define strategies to introduce and bring JLL closer to target tenants in the Greater Boston market
- Ensures the completion of prospect-oriented due diligence and competitive analyses for new business pursuits including research, analytics, data mining, and data collection.
- Leads the internal process around large tenant pursuits; develops and implements standard operating processes and procedures that balances quality, speed and efficiency; assembles a qualified team; proper resources to execute according to plan and ensures projects are delivered according to the agreed upon timeline with key stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of customized, professional-quality pitches, proposals, RFP responses and client/prospect presentations for new business pursuits and renewals.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of JLL internal resources, understands client needs and expectations and has knowledge of competitive activity to continuously improve pitches and proposals to prospective clients while helping to grow business with existing clients.
- Sets the vision and continuously brings forward innovative ways to present material to improve pitch materials and proposals on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as the liaison with subject matter experts across the firm to ensure the appropriate data and content is utilized effectively, and articulates JLL’s capabilities and value proposition in accordance with client/prospect needs.
- Establishes measurements to be tracked and reports out performance (win rate) across all business development pursuits.
- Ensures a library of standard marketing collateral materials, case studies, broker biographies and practice area material to aid in new business pursuits and current client retention is maintained.
- Collaborates with the sales, graphic design, research and communications teams to ensure timely, two-way flow of information.
- Coaches, trains, develops and mentors a team of business development professionals as required.
- Operates in a state of continuous process improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. and/or higher degree and minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Proven track record of success in developing client-specific business development strategies for occupiers of office, lab and/or industrial space
- Ability to work successfully in a service-oriented, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and team-management skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; ability to translate complex solutions and strategies into easily understandable and compelling copy
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain professional demeanor at all times
- High level of energy, creativity and orientation towards value-add results
- Strong graphic design and communication skills
- Ability to influence business decisions with key internal stakeholders
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training