Alexandria Industries is a multifaceted manufacturer that goes beyond being a parts supplier. We make components that go into products people use everyday.
Since our founding in 1966, we have committed to helping customers create innovative manufacturing solutions that solve their product development challenges. We have achieved this by integrating the latest advancements in manufacturing and automation technology, focusing on continuous improvement strategies, and building a highly skilled workforce.
Guided by our values and a servant leadership mindset, we are dedicated to our customers, colleagues and communities.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing all tooling needed within Alexandria Industries. The Tool Room at Alexandria Industries is a department focused on engineering and supporting the equipment, machines and fixturing used throughout all A.I. facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished.
- Ensure that safety is always the number one priority at Alexandria Industries; promote and support a safe work environment and safety oriented culture by following all safety programs and guidelines
- Verify process capability after a modification has been made
- Engineer creative solutions to manufacturing needs
- Design and repair tooling: jigs, fixtures, die/punch
- Update any modifications to tooling using CAD software and document any changes made to the original tool design
- Operate CNC machines and other manual equipment as needed for repair
- Program CNC machines using CAM software or manual programming for tool room and production equipment
- Partner with employees from departments throughout the facility the efficiently find solutions and resolve issues
- Keep work area clean and orderly using 5S (standardize, sustain, sort, set in order and shine)
- Continually support and improve the department’s key measures
- Understand and follow ISO procedures within the Tooling department for activities such as documentation
- Improvements to existing processes or tooling
- Ensure effective communication within the Tooling department and amongst leadership
- Cross train within the Tooling department to learn and develop skills on a variety of machines and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology or related program
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of tool making, set-up, programming and CNC machine operating experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to utilize the proper inspection equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to properly use appropriate measuring tools
- Excellent blueprint reading skills with a good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- CNC, CAD and CAM programming
- Advanced excel and access computer skills
- Office equipment (computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- CNC equipment
- Deburring machines
- Hand tools
- Hydraulic carts
- Manual machining equipment (mill, saws, lathe, grinder, surface grinder)
- Portable lifts
- Tape measure
- Medical and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, a robust Wellness Program, and a Family Health & Wellness Clinic (Alexandria location), provide our employees with valuable resources to help them care for their physical well-being.
- Our Corporate Chaplain and company prayer chain provide supportive resources for our employees' spiritual health and well-being.
- 401(k) retirement program with company match, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, Gainshare bonuses, and a Benevolent Fund to assist employees experiencing a temporary and unexpected financial hardship, all contribute to the financial health of our employees and their families.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually, and an employee assistance program help employees maintain a work/life balance.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Computer Programming
- Construction Toolkits