Experienced Administrative Assistant
Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities! Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, routes both incoming and outgoing mailing, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail.
Experience working in a legal office, working on Safety or Compliance documents and taking meeting minutes would be a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
* Reads and routes incoming mail after locating and attaching appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
* Composes and types routine correspondence using both typewriters and computer keyboards.
* Files correspondence and other records.
* Answers telephone and gives information to caller or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
* Schedules appointments/reservations for employer.
* Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person.
* Compiles and types statistical reports, as directed.
* Oversees clerical workers and performance of duties, as directed.
* Records minutes of staff meetings or town meetings, as directed
* Uses various office machines, copies correspondence, meter outgoing mail, and prepares various documents.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Knowledge Necessary:
* Able to communicate effectively in a business environment
* Good mathematical skills with the capability to work in fractions, decimal points, and whole numbers
* Language skills sufficient to read and prepare business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports using prescribe format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, dictation and style.
The critical skills and knowledge required to successfully perform the functions of the position are normally obtained thru the completion of a high school education and two years of specific vocational preparation, which includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training or essential experience in other jobs.
Setting Up Files