Job ID: 154083
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Material Handling Associate assists a partner in moving aluminum extrusions to process in the specific department. This may include: stacking, removing from storage racks, racking/unracking individual pieces, packing parts or moving of bundled boxes for shipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of metal according to the standardized process by the assigned department
- Ensure quality in the process including verification of the part, quantities, quality, finish, and the correct length of the metal
- Pushing/moving of buggies of metal
- Assist with general departmental housekeeping
- Comply with Company and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Must be able to work 12-hour shift (6-6), every other weekend, two-week rotation 36/48 hours
- Teamwork is essential, must be able to work cooperatively with a partner
- Must be able to maintain departmental production and quality standards
- Must be able to read and write legibly
- Must be able to follow verbal and basic written instructions
- Must be able to communicate well with peers and management
- Must be able to make simple mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to understand die prints and verify part identification
- Must have the ability to learn to recognize metal quality as related to finish or metal itself
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to perform quality work independently with little supervision
- Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or lead
- Must be able to constantly stand for an entire shift with frequent walking
- Must have good hand dexterity, the ability to use both hands for frequent to constant gripping and moving material
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to continuously perform a two-person lift of up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally perform a four-person lift of up to 180 pounds
- Must be able to constantly move material (push/pull/lift/carry) two-person lift of 10-50 pounds; frequently 50-100 and occasionally over 100 pounds as a two-person lift (shared weight)
- Must be able to reach and grasp continuously
- Must be able to occasionally push buggies with the assistance of co-workers moving up to 3000 pounds on a wheeled buggy
- Must be able to occasionally bend & kneel and turn/twist upper body
- Must be able to occasionally lift light parts (flimsy) above shoulder or head from left to right or vice versa
- The manufacturing facility is subject to the same general climate conditions as outdoors (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present in the atmosphere and may create some odors in the plant
- Oldcastle, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE
- While some chemical may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and TOSHA, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous program
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)