SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by General Manager or Manager on Duty.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper and clean uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Bags/boxes any products according to standards.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility.
- Must be able to work under heavy stress/pressure during peak times.
- Must be able to communicate with guests.
- Requires occasional reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the General Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
Operate Cash Register
Cash Handling Experience
Serve Alcoholic Beverage
Create Friendly Atmosphere
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: J3N0VS6T7GSB766YCCF
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Perkins and Marie Callender’s History
View the full profile
Perkins & Marie Callender’s Inc. operates two restaurant concepts. Perkins Restaurant and Bakery is a full-service family dining restaurant that serves a wide variety of high quality, moderately-priced, breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees. Marie Callender’s Restaurant and Bakery is a mid-priced, casual-dining restaurant that specializes in the sale of pies and other bakery items. The company also has a bakery goods manufacturing division, Foxtail Foods, which manufactures pies, pancake mix, cookie doughs, and muffin batters for in-store bakeries and third party customers.
Founded in 1958, Perkins is the leading operator and franchisor of nearly 500 full-service family dining restaurants located primarily in the Midwest, Florida and Pennsylvania.
Fifty years after its beginning as a single pancake house in Ohio, Perkins continues to offer guests personalized service and high quality food at a great value.
• The Perkins system includes 163 company-owned and operated restaurants and 320 franchised units. More than 50% of Perkins Restaurants are located in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and Wisconsin.
• The Company and its franchisees employ approximately 25,000, encompassing both full and part time positions.
• Core menu items at Perkins include its famous pancakes, unique premium omelettes, juicy USDA choice steaks, salads, and signature melt sandwiches. Perkins menu development and innovation ensures that all product offerings recognize and address consumers changing tastes and preferences.
• Perkins in-store bakeries provide a unique point of difference for the restaurant chain, serving a mouth-watering selection of premium freshly baked Mammoth Muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, cheesecakes and specialty pastries each and every day.
Founded in 1948, Marie Callender's, which dominates California and the southwest, operates 92 company and 42 franchised restaurants.
Marie Callender’s was established when Marie’s great cooking and passion for making delicious pies inspired her to bake pies for local restaurants. Marie and her family sold their car for $700 and used the money to pay for one month’s rent on a reconverted World War II army Quonset hut and down payment on a small oven, refrigerator, rolling pin and kitchen tools. Marie’s pies quickly became a hit and she went from baking 10 pies to 40 pies a day.
Marie and her family opened their first restaurant on Orange, Calif. At first, only Marie’s pies were served, but eventually her classic and traditional food entrées were discovered.
As of 2008, with over 135 restaurants in 10 states, we’re proud to celebrate 60 years of tradition inspired by Marie.
The combination of the Perkins Restaurant & Bakery chain with Marie Callender's occurred in May 2006.