MO Excelsior Springs
Job Posting Title:
Packaging Machine Operator
Monitor product flow from strippers and silos to packaging machines. Clear product jams at stripper and in turners, chimneys and scales. Add cartons and change packaging film. Add containers to case packers. Make operational adjustments to maintain proper machine rates and packaging quality. Perform machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines. Add glue and tape. Monitor, operate and changeover code daters, printers and labelers. Monitor and adjust scales to ensure proper weights. Complete required production paperwork to accurately calculate run time, efficiencies and cases produced. Always maintain a sanitary work environment. Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are fully complied with. Accept responsibility for AIB scores in the packaging area. Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas. Responsible for the manufacture of safe, legal and quality product. Must be able to adjust own work schedule in order to maintain a 2-shift operation (may require overtime as operation requires). Be able to effectively communicate with team members to support a self-directed work environment. Use sound judgment in exercising caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good math skills.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Solid working knowledge of the following equipment:
- Storage and product delivery systems
- Computer scales and other weighing devices
- Metal detectors and check weighers devices
- Cartoners, baggers, casepackers and sealers and lift 50lbs.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds is required.
- The ability to push loaded totes with caster wheels over 750 pounds.
- The ability to learn to use computer terminals and computer based equipment is necessary.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and processes that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Mechanical ability to the extent of analyzing basic irregularities in the proper functioning of equipment is necessary.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (adding subtracting, multiplying, division, percent, etc.) accurately and quickly is necessary.
- The willingness and ability to take initiative, use judgment and be dependable in carrying out required functions on a timely basis is essential.
- Ability to accomplish all duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Packaging And Labeling
Good Manufacturing Practices
Complex Problem Solving