This person will play an integral role in providing analytical and deal support between Global Investment Banking’s industry and product teams and the FSG bankers on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and other financial advisory services we provide to our clients. In addition, the position will require the preparation of client presentations and company research to support new business generation with KBCM’s private equity clients. Under limited supervision and on own initiative, perform duties in support of the senior members of the Financial Sponsor Group. Activities and duties require the development of an understanding of investment banking (including the sellside mergers & acquisitions process), the private equity industry and a high level of organization, expertise and experience in planning and prioritizing tasks. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of financial accounting and the ability to deal well with peak workloads. Finally, the candidate should be comfortable providing additional hours of support to the FSG team and the investment banking department outside of normal business hours. FLSA STATUS:
As a Client Relationship Specialist, you will:
• Work closely with transaction execution teams throughout the pitch and engaged deal process to provide information and insights on private equity firms that have been recommended for sell-side engagements, tracking deal milestones involving private equity clients and providing private equity relationship buyer behavior analysis.
• Prepare internal and external reports and presentation materials in relation to KBCM, the Institutional, FSG and/or private equity relationships.
• Support FSG new business generation by helping the groups’ senior banker(s) introduce opportunities and encouraging ongoing dialogue between investment banking industry and product teams and potential private equity clients.
• Receive, initiate and/or follow-up on client communications. Be comfortable in supporting the development of relationships with investment professionals at private equity firms, including managing relationships with firms not covered by a senior FSG banker.
• Ability to tolerate peak workloads, to deal with constant interruptions and to maintain flexibility and composure in a high volume, high intensity, hectic environment. Must be able to handle heavy workload for a number of Investment Banking projects simultaneously and prioritize assignments accordingly. Availability to work outside of normal business hours, including some weekends, is required.
• Interact closely with industry and product teams to 1) identify potential transaction opportunities for private equity firms and the portfolio companies they own, 2) track and monitor the Investment Banking department’s various interactions with portfolio company targets and 3) proactively solicit feedback from FSG and industry bankers regarding new and previously identified transaction opportunities and identify the next steps to be taken to secure a transaction engagement. Also facilitate relationships with these internal teams to gain insights about their practices and continue to build best-in-class practices within investment banking.
• Monitor daily investment banking industry publications for developments involving private equity clients and the portfolio companies they own. • Perform other duties as assigned.
What makes this opportunity great:
• Opportunity to work directly with Director/MD level without layers in between
• Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
• Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
• Opportunity to work with industry leaders - since 2010, KBCM’s Financial Sponsor group has played an integral role on nearly $130 billion worth of equity and M&A transactions.
• Bachelor’s degree that includes at least one Accounting class is required. 2-5 years of previous experience in a financial services or professional services organization is preferred
• The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, a demonstrated record for excellence and have the ability to function equally well in both a team setting and on a self-directed basis.
• Must be able to work with internal and external clients, including directly reporting to and communicating with senior banker(s) in other KBCM offices on a daily basis via email and telephone.
• Must be detail-oriented and recognize errors in numbers, spelling, grammar and punctuation; must demonstrate good follow-through skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is required. Must also be very skilled in the use of various internet information data providers and have demonstrated an ability to undertake research projects.
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and communication skills required.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Hardworking And Dedicated