Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and presenting healthcare data to management for use in supporting operational and business objectives that will result in improving the quality of care and lowering the costs of quality healthcare. The position is responsible for collecting financial, demographic, and member data and applying statistical and/or financial models that will support organizational objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Researches, retrieves, designs and delivers organized analytics and reporting of medical information as it relates to quality care.
- Analyzes benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements.
- Forecasts cost and utilization trends and creates financial modeling using claims and other health care data.
- Develops and documents complex business, analysis and reporting requirements.
- Evaluates and prioritizes data changes and enhancements.
- Reviews the analytics and reporting of others within the department.
- Makes decisions of considerable impact and consequences involving healthcare expense trends.
- Interprets data, facts and/or trends independently and makes business recommendations to management.
- Coordinates a variety of projects/requests simultaneously and ensures timely completion in accordance with business initiatives.
- Develops innovative approaches to achieve deliverables.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on healthcare cost trends/models by other departments in the organization.
- Serve as a leader/mentor to the analysts in the department as well as reviews their work as deemed necessary by business needs.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Healthcare Administration or Statistics (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in medical, claim or transactional analysis.
- Experience interacting effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced experience specifically with Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Leadership skills and results oriented
Physical & Mental Requirements: (check all that apply)
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Project Analysis, Strategic Analyst, Project Management, Workflow Analysis, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home