Requisition ID # 98545
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Technology is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions. As a part of the Office of the CIO, the Technology Business Management Office (TBMO) aims to empower PG&E’s business and technology leaders to manage the business of Information Technology through an integrated view of technology costs in a language that is mutually understood. The primary goal of the TBMO is to provide visibility into the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of IT Products and Services through cost transparency while helping IT manage the cost, quality, and value of its offerings.
Technology Business Management Administrator (TBMA) is responsible for the ownership of the cost transparency tool, the data it represents, the methodology for cost allocations, and the use of such data. The TBMA drives continuous improvement of data and cost distribution methodologies through a series of operations processes meant to govern and control data efficiency management. In addition to tool ownership, the TBMA is responsible for all configuration, testing, and deployment of cost transparency and metric reporting. Reporting to the Manager of the TBMO, the TBMA will also be responsible for aligning cost transparency to the OCIO and IT vision.
- Partner with Technology Executives, Service Owners, Application Owners, and Finance Representatives to understand their needs and align the TBMO roadmap to them
- Function as the liaison between key stakeholders to interpret and deliver insights to meet business needs
- Provide business/financial advice to executives, controllers and directors on relevant matters
- Oversee and manage the configuration, design, testing and deployment of the Apptio Cost Transparency Application dashboards, reports and underlying data models
- Configure, expand, optimize and maintain the existing data model
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all cost transparency questions/issues
- Execute monthly financial reporting for key stakeholders
- Monitor and maintain processes to improve and optimize data accuracy
- Recommend and implement modifications to the processes
- Continuously improve existing TBMO framework, model, taxonomy and metrics
- Foster an innovative culture, where team members regardless of tenure or experience level are encouraged to shape work outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years Job-related experience
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using Apptio as an Administrator, 2+ years
- Experience with Total Cost of Ownership, 2+ years
- TBMA or TBME Certified