Speech Therapist | Home Health | PRN | Manhattan, Kansas AreaJob Requirements
Speech language pathology services are provided for diagnosing and treating speech and language disorders which result in communication disabilities, and for the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders (dysphagia), as well as auditory rehabilitation. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies, procedures and clinical pathways.
Speech Therapist Responsibilities Include: Job Benefits
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Regularly assesses changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determines whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals and in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual furnishes such services.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Manhattan
- Job State: KS
- Employee Type: PRN