To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kearny, NJ 07032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Merchandiser Peer Trainer Full Time
Advantage Solutions • Kearny, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RETAIL SALES MERCHANDISER PEER TRAINER FULL TIME
The full time Retail Sales Merchandiser Peer Trainer position will give you the opportunity to be a leader and excel in the retail sales field. You will be expected to lead and train by example working in the top retail locations representing the best brands on the market today. The ideal candidate will have a background in merchandising, training and possess excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Do you have the confidence to influence key decision makers at the store level? Take this opportunity to join a company that offers competitive pay rates and top-notch training. Grow your career with Advantage Solutions, the leading sales and marketing agency in all of North America.
- Maintaining client objectives by ensuring client and company objectives are met by maintaining full distribution, stock, signage and schematics on existing SKUs and secondary product placements.
- Authorize items to meet client shelf schematic standards.
- Prepare for and respond to audits.
- Manage time and prioritize for store call coverage.
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- Communicate effectively both internally with Advantage Solutions management and externally with all customers, building rapport with clients and customers.
- Field questions and proactively develop action plans to resolve issues.
- High School Diploma or higher education or equivalent job-related experience.
- Previous retail training experience.
- Aggressive self-starter with a strong bias for action and results orientation.
- High sense of urgency; strong drive and passion to win.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions.
- Ability to work independently, but also successful team building skills.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
A Retail Sales Merchandiser, Peer Trainer, is responsible for servicing and selling to an assigned territory to ensure that client standards are met and volume is increased. In addition, the RSM generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotions.
The RSM Peer Trainer will also be responsible for teaching and training on the knowledge of Advantage Solutions/business procedures and policies related to their job duties. This role will be responsible for developing trainees in overall job functions, responsibilities as well as mentor and monitor performance, productivity and accomplishments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Train new hires/provide on-going training and development for current associates.
- Retail Execution – merchandising, selling, in store fundamentals. Fulfills current merchandiser (RSM/RM) job duties.
- Follow up/report/complete administrative tasks as required
- Travel as required
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 15%
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in Retail Sales Merchandiser
- Previous experience in retail environment
- Previous experience in training, mentoring, and/or coaching is a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.