Nucor is North America's largest recycler and most diversified steel and steel products company. Since 1969, we've led the industry in developing innovative technologies for recycling scrap into high-quality steels that are all around us, from bridges and buildings to cars and appliances.Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages with weekly pay (18.00 per hour + 1.50 shift)
- Production bonus program
- Paid training while working alongside an experienced mentor
- Stable, consistent work and a chance to grow your career with a stable company owned by Nucor, North America’s largest steel producer
- A full benefits package available after 30 days, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a College Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees
What You’ll Do
Bend, cut, bundle and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer’s orders. You’ll work with a mentor who will train you on safely using all machinery.
- Always prioritize safety of yourself and your teammates.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Nucor Harris Rebar values of safety, honesty, integrity and respect.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine or a power saw to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths, and a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
Must have a high school diploma, GED or local/state equivalent Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be age 18 or over
- Able to read and comprehend basic safety and operational instructions
- Able to perform basic math for accurate bar measurements
- Assembly And Installation
- Measurement And Metrology
- Tower Crane