Milgard, a leading window and door manufacturer in the Western United States, has an exceptional opportunity in our Corporate Headquarters in Tacoma, Washington for an experienced Quality Engineering leader.
This opportunity is an important role and will be a starting point for an engaging career path at Milgard! The Corporate Quality Engineering Manager has responsibility for deployment and maintenance of a data management system that captures quality performance of our window and door production lines. The position will be responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of internal quality metrics in our 7 Western United States manufacturing operations. You will be responsible for Implementation of quality at the source methodology by identifying gaps and developing improvement plans. Ultimately we are in search of a candidate that is interested in upward mobility because we have a strong interest in providing career opportunities for our people!
The Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for the following key functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of a corporate-wide quality program
- Develop corporate quality department standards, practices and procedures.
- Establish and maintain product quality standards.
- Analyze quality metrics and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps.
- Work with Plant Quality Managers and Technicians to document trends in quality, compare against customer expectations/standards, regulatory standards and plant goals.
- Resolve product quality issues as communicated from our manufacturing facilities, by examining and interpreting specification and correcting value references.
- Direct and facilitate the collection and analysis of data.
Viable candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in various functions of quality, manufacturing and program/project management
- 3 years minimum experience in a leadership position within a quality organization. Windows industry experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of manufacturing technology, including materials, manufacturing processes and sequencing, customer requirements and fitness for use.
- The ability to travel to our manufacturing operations.
- Lean Six-Sigma or Lean Black Belt certification desired.
If you are looking for an opportunity with a company that has a culture built on respect for the individual, a strong market share and a reputation for excellence, please submit your resume and cover letter for our review and consideration. We need an innovator who can bring passionate expertise to this important position - an individual who knows what right looks like, makes it happen through and with people, and then raises the bar continuously!
Visit our career portal at http://www.milgard.com/about-milgard/careers/career-portal.asp, to get more details on the position – and then upload your profile and apply!
To remain up-to-date on Milgard’s various career opportunities, please like our ‘Milgard Windows Careers’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/milgardcareers and follow us on LinkedIn.Company
Milgard Manufacturing IncorporatedShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance