Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) Cancer Institute is a fully certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. The MSK Cancer Alliance is an initiative designed to establish partnerships between MSK and local care providers. Through the open collaboration that is facilitated by these partnerships, community cancer caregivers are in a better position to provide state of the art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering stay ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
- Hematology / Oncology Advanced Practitioners will provide value based care in an ambulatory setting, and will be involved in triage and the spectrum of outpatient management: urgent visits, chemotherapy pre-treatment visits, clinical trials management, follow up appointments, and ongoing survivorship care.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Opportunities for professional advancement / trainings through Hartford HealthCare’s unique relationship with Memorial Sloan Kettering
- A welcoming team that is committed to your growth and development through support, collaboration, and mentoring.
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- Well run, efficient clinical and administrative business operations in a growing and financially secure organization.
Qualifications Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
We take great care of careers.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), or Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP)
- Hematology/Oncology experience required
- An understanding of clinical trials and the ability to monitor patients on protocol preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Adult Nurse Practitioner
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse