To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Little Flock, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Judge Group • Little Flock, AR
Posted 10 days ago
This software engineer is doing maintenance and enhancements work on an existing application that updates pricing database so that there is accurate pricing on Client’s .com in comparison to their 1000's of stores.
- Technologies include:
- Core Java skills and Rest Web Services would be where a strong understanding is necessary
- Any database technology (does not need to be Cassandra) is good. He’s looking for folks that know how to deal with databases as an application developer (how to manipulate data, JPA experience) If the candidates can do that then the rest the manager and his team can teach them.
- Rest web services, JPA, Kafka are all preferred
- Essentially they are looking for an expert in dealing with databases
- System: It’s a Web Service that is updated from the store so if an application from the store called the web services and asks the latest price/ inventory information then the web services takes that data and puts it in Kafka (so experience with Kafka is nice to have) and then they have another component that reads from Kafka and puts it into Cassandra, so that’s basically the components in a nutshell. Then they also have services that read Cassandra and make it available to consumers through REST Web services. If they know Graph QL that’s a big plus but not necessary – Clients interfaces use Graph QL but don’t expect many candidates to have that experience since it’s a newer technology.
- Client’s scale is massive so the data quality has to be top notch because it has huge consequences if it’s not accurate (customers will get the wrong inventory, price, and if the prices are inaccurate from what the website shows then Client has to match that price and Client will end up losing money.) Scale is huge since we’re talking about 5,000 stores with thousands of items.
- Quality is very important – a 1% mistake becomes a huge error since scale is so large at Client
- The applications does exist but its in a constant state of change (since the business is changing.) The proponents are there but they are not in a static state.