JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $14.65 per hour during training; $68,000 - $70,000 per year after training.
- Day 1 benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Paid holidays and sick time begin after 90 days.
- Schedule and home time: You'll be home daily during training, then follow the route delivery driver schedule after training.
McLane Foodservice Rocky Mount 01 is located in Edgecombe County, North Carolina. It serves customers in the southeastern and mid-atlantic areas of the United States.
Join McLane as a Class A Delivery Driver Apprentice and put your new CDL to work!
We are also one of a select few trucking companies approved by the Veterans Administration to offer the GI Bill program to qualified Veteran Driver Trainees! If you are a military veteran and you qualify for McLane's Warriors 2 Wheels program, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly stipend payments from the VA, depending on your active duty status. While you are in training, you will be paired with a Driver Trainer to earn your miles and learn the McLane way of delivering exceptional service and support to our customers. Prior experience (via driving or eligible MOS) may count toward your mentored driving time requirements.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure that you are not bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Pick up merchandise as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoice for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp or liftgate and hand cart and/or pallet jack.
- Secure empty pallets in trailer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates participate in a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various customer locations. Tenure class is 0-4 months.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Unload trailer, delivering product into customer premises.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board Peoplenet device.
* Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.