To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glen Allen, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Software Engineer
Advantasure • Glen Allen, VA
Posted 12 days ago
The Lead Software Engineer develops components for next generation of software. This role is a hands-on development role with the responsibility to lead the work of others.
- Leads and mentors Junior developers.
- Participates in Agile sprint planning sessions, working closely with business analysts and team members to analyze requirements, and provides design recommendations for complex systems.
- Designs and develops new software or makes modifications to existing complex software applications in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including complete ease with Agile development methods throughout the SDLC.
- Demonstrates software to all stakeholders.
- Shares knowledge and provides technical guidance to other team members within area of expertise.
- Takes part in reviews of work, (e.g. design and code reviews).
- Works with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software systems and resolves them.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Ten years experience of progressive responsibility in a Software Engineering environment with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required. One year supervisory or leadership experience in Software Engineering required. Bilingual skills preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Expertise with Source code control systems and multiple simultaneous version/release.
- Knowledge of web services (ASMX and WCF).
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- Strong knowledge of C#, .Net framework, Asp.Net, and MVC.
- Strong knowledge of OOAD and multi-tier architectures, including MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of web services, WCF, REST, and SOA Architecture.
- Knowledge with MS Entity Framework.
- Expertise with tools such as MS SQL Studio, PL/SQL Developer / Toad etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented, and takes responsibility for the team's success.
- Enthusiastic attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.