Diamond Healthcare has an immediate need for a Mental Health Tech/Van Driver for our program at Banner Payson Medical Center, Payson AZ.
The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Preforms Admissions/Insurance Verification and Billing
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collections
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
- Marketing program with daily contacts
- Assisting patients with toileting needs
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Nurse's Aide background is helpful, but not mandatory
- 1+ years of work experience in a healthcare facility or personal care for senior adults preferred
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Proficient in EXCEL, and other Microsoft office programs
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families and coworkers
- Works well in a busy team environment
Banner Payson Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital providing over 50 years of medical services to the greater Payson AZ area. We are a three-time recipient of the nation’s top 100 hospitals and are now part of the Banner Health family.
Payson is nearly the center of Arizona and just 90 minutes north of Phoenix AZ. Payson has the oldest continuous rodeo in the world. Believe it or not, Payson also gets snow, albeit only about 15 inches per year. Our climate is temperate with an annual high of about 71 degrees and an annual low of 40 degrees.
Patient Information Leaflet