JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
- Provides software and systems engineering services, generally within a work unit or group.
• Advises team and project managers on technical problems.
• Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
• Works independently of direct supervision on projects of high complexity.
• Uses judgment and initiative in developing complex analytical and computational technologies and methodologies for solving problems, which may be technically unique to the industry.
• Interprets customer requirements, develops and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems.
• Develops the design of the system/software and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
• Implements the design through software coding or hardware and documents the implementation appropriately.
• Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
• Participates in the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software.
• May provide work direction or other guidance to lower level technical staff.
• Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
• May support pursuit of new business efforts, lead proposal efforts, and act as a technical consultant. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION -- Experienced with Intel FPGAs and development tools (Quartus/Platform Designer). Full time Firmware specific tasking. Overflow software development as required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
-- The incumbent must have a Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and at least 4 years of related experience or have a Master's Degree in an associated discipline and at least 2 years of experience, or a PhD in an associated discipline. Incumbent must possess effective oral and written communication skills. Must have experience with computer based systems and applications. Must have programming skills in languages used for job specific programming tasks, and familiarization with the application of industry standard hardware and software design and documentation techniques. Applicant must have experience with systems engineering and software development lifecycles. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled