This position requires access to United States Export Controlled information.
Moog's place as a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision motion control technology is a clear reason to come work for us, however it's our culture and values that really set us apart, for our employees and our customers. Moog Space and Defense Group is seeking a Project Engineer to lead programs in the design and manufacture of hardware and systems to survive harsh environments. As an industry leader in avionics, actuation and mechanisms, propulsion, power, structures, and shock & vibration control, Moog has been committed to the industry for more than 60 years and Moog products have been to every planet. Day- to-Day Responsibilities:
Here are the skills you'll bring with you...
- Provide effective, compassionate project leadership to a team of creative, independent individuals.
- Participate in a cross-functional/site team through a comprehensive development / qualification test program.
- Accountable for the management of budget and execution performance of the program or portion of the program you are responsible for.
- Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
- Prepare successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and shoulder the responsibility for writing the technical volume.
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
- Lead the project team to meet customer milestones
- Be the main technical point of contact for the customer
- Identify program opportunities. Identify, manage, and mitigate programmatic and technical risks.
- Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, design analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments as needed
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, with a preference for a MS Degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated understanding achieved through experience in the design, analysis, and development of complex mechanical/electromechanical/electrohydraulic systems. In addition, 3 years' experience (7-10 years is preferred) with a proven record of successful development programs as part of a project team.
- Ability to communicate fluently to a wide variety of audiences and serve as technical focal point for presentations.
- Self-starting instincts, strong analytical skills and solid mechanical/aerospace engineering foundation required to fulfill the demands of design and development of new products.
- Project management experience related to technical, cost, schedule execution, and leading cross-functional teams.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Tools (Word, Power Point, Excel) including MS Project.
- Ability to work onsite in East Aurora, NY (remote candidates will not be considered).
- Experience managing large programs with budgets of $5M+ and/or large cross functional teams of 10+ people
- Mechanical Product Engineering experience
- Experience performing risk analysis and developing risk mitigation plans
The role of a Project Engineer is a challenging position for someone keen to being seen by customers as the technical representative of the company and as a recognized authority and leader in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field. If you are looking for an opportunity to influence and lead a project or component team educating them on the operation and performance of the design, then this is the right time to consider Moog.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
- Aerospace Engineering
- Cost Modelling