To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Annapolis, MD 21401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
D.R. HORTON, INC. • Annapolis, MD
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Operations Manager for their Operations Department. The right candidate will manage all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs and image
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products
- Establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of products ordered
- Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs and tooling and equipment needs
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Determine responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives
- Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations
Directly supervises three or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20 or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Estimating/budgeting/AS400 spreadsheet skills required.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!