GDIT is searching for a Field Technician for our Landover, MD location. TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain) and technical certification to meet 8570 compliance required (DOD 8570 IAT Level II minimum) are required.
GDIT will provide DoDIIS (Department of Defense Intelligence Information System) customers worldwide with an ESOC consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT will be the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Field Support Representatives (FSRs) are primarily responsible for Tier-2 support of DIA supported networks on the SITE contract. FSR job responsibilities include total support from the Wide Area Network (WAN) network drop to the customer desktop on all supported networks.
Essential job functions
- Perform Microsoft Windows system administration and maintenance to Windows 2003 and 2008 servers and Windows XP workstations worldwide.
- Work with other teams such as server engineering, desktop engineering, active directory and SCCM teams to ensure servers and workstations remain online, operational and compliant with government standards.
- Assist the Capital Equipment Replacement Program (CERP) team with site installations and augmentations.
- Install, terminate and test/verify fiber-optic and CAT-5/6 copper cabling and perform repairs when required.
- Monitor network connectivity to all supported locations worldwide and interface with DIA and outside network support entities (DTSPO, DISA, local signal commands, and other network providers) to identify, document, troubleshoot and restore network connectivity to proper performance levels.
- Work with network installation and maintenance teams on all Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) devices (routers, switches, modems, firewall devices, intrustion prevention/detection devices, WAN optimizers, etc.) to ensure they are installed, maintained and updated appropriately.
- Provide installation/maintenance support of other network connected devices such as VOIP phones, Tandberg Desktop VTC units, etc. FSRs install and maintain cryptographic devices (Taclanes, KIV-7s, etc.) and work with the DIA COMSEC team, Embassy IPC/ITC offices and remote sites to ensure all cryptographic keys are loaded and updated on schedule.
- Work with various network security teams to respond to security incidents and threats on all supported networks.
- Perform preventive maintenance and field repair of equipment when possible and order equipment replacements as needed.
- Work with customers and the IT requirements team to define and document new IT requirements.
- Travel to remote customer locations worldwide to perform job functions that cannot be performed remotely.
- Document all work within DIA’s Siebel ticketing system and escalate issues through appropriate BAE and government channels.
- Provide daily updates on significant issues to appropriate BAE and government personnel.
*AA or equivalent & 5+ yrs related experience.
*TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain).
*Technical certification to meet DoD 8570 compliance required (IAT Level II minimum).
* Must be willing to travel 70% or more OCONUS often with 60+ hour work weeks.
* Must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration.
* Team player, problem solver, positive attitude
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)