You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Android and iOS Developer
We are looking for a native Android and iOS Multi-Platform Mobile Developer who welcomes both new product development and sustaining development work and is proficient in end-to-end mobile application development. You will be developing and maintaining mobile applications or native libraries that connect with our various rugged environmental monitoring products and backend servers. You will provide dynamic mobile application SDLC support in the form of mobile development and deployment, software maintenance, scripting, debugging, and value-added software development expertise. You will be working with a smaller, tight knit team encompassing cross-functionality, where your knowledge and advice about native iOS and Android development and the newest mobile technologies will be highly appreciated. The code you write will need to be cleanly organized and of the highest quality. You'll also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
Nielsen-Kellerman is a multi-location product development, manufacturing, sourcing, and sales company specializing in bringing niche electronic products directly to demanding customers. NK's brands include Kestrel Weather and Environmental Instruments, Kestrel Ballistics Instruments, MagnetoSpeed Shooting Accessories, Ambient Weather Instruments, RainWise Weather Stations, NK Sports Performance and Blue Ocean Rugged Audio. We serve enthusiasts, educators, researchers, first responders, military, tactical, agriculture and myriad other passionate professionals. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and stand behind them for the long term.
Building upon a foundation of 40 years of product and customer service excellence, NK remains a dynamic growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We are growing both organically and through acquisition. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK has been named a Philly Top Workplace eight times - a rare honor among manufacturing companies and one we are extremely proud of. This is at-will employment. Nielsen-Kellerman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and former military service members are encouraged to apply.
• Design, develop, and deploy apps on Android and iOS mobile platforms, with responsibility for the complete development lifecycle.
• Develop new feature, enhance existing features, and create user interfaces using operating system specific UI/UX best practices
• Develop and maintain software design documentation.
• Code, test, debug, and document changes for apps
• Monitor app performance and find opportunities to improve performance and user experience
• Fix bugs and performance problems
• Write clean, readable, and testable code
• Cooperate with product managers, back-end developers, designers, and the rest of our team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
• Manage mobile app beta-test builds and deployments
• Attend scrums, sprint planning, project status updates, and product design reviews as required
• Experience developing in platform-specific languages including Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, C, C++, Swift
• Skilled with Single Activity, Multi-Fragment design pattern, Material Design, Navigation Component and constraint views. Interest in learning Jetpack Compose.
• Skilled with iOS Storyboards and SwiftUI
• Experience with design patterns including MVVM, Singletons, Dependency Injection and Factory.
• Proven ability to design, develop, and deploy both iOS and Android mobile applications that have previously been or are presently listed in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
• Experience using Git and GitLab, document and version control tools, project management and development tracking tools like ClickUp or Jira, and familiarity with remote team communication platforms like Slack or Teams
• Must possess strong mobile app development skills and thorough understanding of SDLC best practices
• Understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Empowered Team methodologies
• Capable of debugging software applications
• Able to gather testable software requirements and document specifications
• Able to participate in the design of new software applications
• Familiar with maintainable software processes, including: software documentation, source code versioning, unit testing
• Able to convey technical topics verbally, in source code comments, and documentation
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing requirements
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years developing both Android and iOS native mobile apps and preferred is BSCS or equivalent.
• Experience with Realm DB
• Familiarity interacting with mobile sensors such as Bluetooth (central and peripheral), Wifi, accelerometers
No direct reports.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled manufacturing facility and offices. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Dogs in office.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 40-hour work week. Some flexibility to set 40-hour schedule around core hours of 10am-4pm.
Most training is on-the-job but formal education and training may be provided where appropriate.
Travel / Work Location
NK offices are located in Boothwyn, PA. NK offers a flexible work environment where the majority of responsibilities can be completed from home, but some projects and meetings will require this position to be on site.
This is a salaried position. Pay rate commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as company size. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance with a range that averages 3% to 5% of base compensation.
• Paid employee benefits include medical, dental, short & long term disability and basic life/AD&D insurance.
• Voluntary contributory benefits include family medical, vision, supplemental life insurance for self, spouse and children, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance.
• HSA with employer contribution.
• 401k with employer match to 5% (following 12 months of employment).
• 8 paid holidays, one floating holiday and flexible exempt employee PTO - with a minimum of two weeks of "unplugged" vacation expected to be taken.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without employer sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual's age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other legally protected category is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment and also applies to training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and all other aspects of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Agile Methodology
- App Store (Ios)
- C (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5313gr
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.