To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pasadena, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cognizant Engineer (Electrical)
SGT Inc • Pasadena, CA
Posted 6 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Space Science Payload Data System Lead Needed for JPL’s NISAR Instrument
Payload Data Subsystem (PDS) Cognizant Engineer. Selected applicant will lead a team of approximately 20 engineers and techs to complete design, development and test of the PDS for a JPL space science instrument.
- Identifies all stakeholders in Payload Data System
- Determines required PDS functionality and configurations based on stakeholder input and prior experience including needed brass boards, simulators, and Electrical Ground Support Equipment
- Establishes schedule and secures adequate support staff to meet promised delivery dates
- Coordinates PDS design, fabrication, and delivery.
- Assures PDS team representation during instrument functional and environmental testing..
- Communicates with stakeholders and staff regularly to provide status updates and monitor progress
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Familiarity with the software, hardware, and processes required to develop a space science PDS
- Familiarity with NASA & JPL documents governing PDS design, certification, and use
- Ability to coordinate & communicate with all stakeholders including outside review panels
- Ability to direct activities of a large, possibly distributed team (20+ people)
- Familiar with the procurement of electrical and data systems in accordance with NASA/JPL standards and policies
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and executing to plans to include rephasing to meet changing needs and delivery dates.
- Creative problem solving, high quality work, team leadership, meeting commitments.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace electrical component and data systems development; including significant team leadership experience.
- Permanent JPL onsite presence for a period of 24-36 months is required.