Radiochemist - HPLC Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Chemist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop analytical methods for PET radiotracers (e.g., HPLC methods).
- Perform PET radiotracers production and analyses in full compliance with pertaining regulations (e.g., INDs).
- Comply with training requirements for PET radiotracer production and analysis.
- Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
- Maintain automated apparatus for radiosyntheses.
- Perform experimental radiochemistry.
- Perform radiochemical analyses on radiotracers, using techniques such as radio-TLC and radio-HPLC.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (reference compounds and precursors for labeling) in support of the medicinal chemistry program.
- Work up and implement new methods.
- Ensure radiation safety during radiosyntheses and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
- Record raw data; file data accessibly.
- Contribute to laboratory activities and findings at laboratory meetings.
- Work with staff to prepare laboratory findings for publication and presentation at meetings.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (e.g., reference compounds and precursors for labeling).
- Work with staff on exploratory-IND applications.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry, Radiochemistry, or a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Extensive experience with separation techniques such as HPLC.
- Practical experience with analytical and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
High Performance Liquid Chromatography