Radiochemist - HPLC Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Chemist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop analytical methods for PET radiotracers (e.g., HPLC methods).
- Perform PET radiotracers production and analyses in full compliance with pertaining regulations (e.g., INDs).
- Comply with training requirements for PET radiotracer production and analysis.
- Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
- Maintain automated apparatus for radiosyntheses.
- Perform experimental radiochemistry.
- Perform radiochemical analyses on radiotracers, using techniques such as radio-TLC and radio-HPLC.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (reference compounds and precursors for labeling) in support of the medicinal chemistry program.
- Work up and implement new methods.
- Ensure radiation safety during radiosyntheses and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
- Record raw data; file data accessibly.
- Contribute to laboratory activities and findings at laboratory meetings.
- Work with staff to prepare laboratory findings for publication and presentation at meetings.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (e.g., reference compounds and precursors for labeling).
- Work with staff on exploratory-IND applications.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry, Radiochemistry, or a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Extensive experience with separation techniques such as HPLC.
- Practical experience with analytical and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
See the next step in your career
Radiochemist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US3172JD_BH1577199
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Government Solutions, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government, including prime and small business contractors. Our extensive network includes relationships with top federal and Department of Defense agencies and many others.
These partnerships enable us to provide you with flexible government employment and career advancement opportunities nationwide and across a wide range of professions, including:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare / Medical Research
- Positions with high-level security clearances
Kelly Government Solutions employees work more than 10,000 hours each day, and we put a new employee to work every two hours.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to "The Emerging New Workforce," a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile