Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. MN preferred.
- Facilitate delivery in a team of software engineers in devops value stream delivery platform
- This role includes, but not limited to, analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, setting standards, evaluating methods, evaluate new tools and automation, research and development, support maintenance, new development, operations and delivery
- Coordinate efficient and effective agile delivery processes and contribute to operational enhancements
- Collaborate with other engineering team and business stakeholders to design robust and reusable solutions, as well as facilitate the translation to technical designs
- Collaborate and influence proactive telemetry and strategies to help identify issues prior to customer impact
- Promote a mindset and culture within the team that embraces identifying, owning, and solving issues, driving quality, improving performance, and improving the customer experience
- Estimate delivery effort, as well as effectively identify and prioritize high-value deliverables
- Assist in evaluation, translation, and business requirements gathering from product owners and business stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with peers and subordinates to drive efficient team delivery
- Collaborate in continuous planning with business stakeholders and other technology team leaders to ensure a successful delivery plan is available for business priorities
- Mentor software engineers and lead software engineering code quality and best practices (e.g., test best practices, design patterns, code smells, etc.)
- Influence the team for higher productivity through Scaled Agile principles
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related IT work experience as a technical leader, or similar role
- 5+ years of experience utilizing event driven architecture and related technologies (Apache Kafka, Azure/GCP/AWS, Data Bricks, Snowflake etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with Platform/DevOps engineering
- 5+ years of experience helping define technical strategy and direction of software projects
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness and capacity to mentor junior engineers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.