How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
****Full-Time| Behavioral Health Unit | Atlanta Medical Center****
Functioning under the leadership of the Manager of Behavioral Health, the Behavioral Health Assessor performs comprehensive, face to face or tele-medicine based behavioral health assessments, psychoeducation and interventions with patients who are receiving services for various psychological, behavioral or substance related disturbances in an effort to implement and facilitate the appropriate level of service.
Specific responsibilities of the behavioral health assessor include the following:Providing individual assessment of patients in the emergency department and/or acute care floor in order to assist in determining the most appropriate next level of care, collaborating with physicians, social workers, and other specialty providers to ensure optimal, individualized, and integrated treatment for behavioral health patients working with patient’s family members to determine a safe discharge plan for the patient assessing, referring, and coordinating care for patients with unique and complex psychiatric conditions, including assisting with legal holds and referrals to facilities outside of WellStar participating in service line functions and initiatives, as directed by Behavioral Health leadership
Required Minimum Education
- MSW from an Accredited School of Social Work, or hold a Masters degree in professional counseling from a CACREP accredited program, or Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Baccalaureare degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred
Required Minimum Licensure
- LMSW, LAPC, LMFT or RN with a Georgia License. LCSW or LPC preferred
- BLS required.
Required Minimum Experience
- No less than 3 years of experience working with adult/child populations.
- It is preferred that candidates have experience working with behavioral health patients
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; capacity to think abstractly and develop innovative services that can better meet organizational and patient needs; specific interest in behavioral health and willingness to work at various WellStar sites depending upon need; knowledge of behavioral health best practices; basic technological capabilities in Word, and Excel, as well as the ability to utilize a Telemedicine cart for remote assessments
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
- Behavioral Health
- Acute Care
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)