The General is seeking an experienced Data Services Analyst who is able to identify, define and employ an analytical strategy to proactively and reactively support data investigation to join our team for a 6-Month Contract.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
What You'll Do
The Data Services Analyst III provides data and reporting to aid in business decision making for the company. You will be primarily responsible for validating requirements, performing analysis, designing, programming, testing, documenting and supporting assigned projects to drive Data Services enhancements and changes. Responsibilities include:
- Acquires and utilizes technical and/or application knowledge to independently produce deliverables and recognizes the possible outreaching impact of each proposed change.
- Creates and maintains complex ETL processes from multiple data sources.
- Responds to questions, researches / resolves issues and/or coordinates resolution of issues to complete project work and provides technical support for Data Services Team as a whole, including high impact production issues.
- Defines tasks, gathers estimates, and assists in prioritizing work.
- Defines and develops appropriate quality control monitors to validate data loads from disparate data sources.
- Reviews project specifications to gain understanding of project goals and objectives and to determine an efficient and effective way of implementing the project in a timely manner.
Who You Are
You have the ability to recognize gaps in process and proactively suggest solutions. You have a unique vision to understand the capabilities of different applications, and be comfortable moving between them, including the ability to help migrate SWL & Data from and between them. You have proven knowledge of IT best operating practices and methodologies. You have 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server with complex SQL statements/procedures used for data extraction. You have experience with Tableau and Alteryx. You bring experience in a mature Analytics environment. You have 2+ years of experience with a data viz tool other than Excel.
You bring a Bachelor's degree in a computer related field, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience. You bring 1+ years of experience with data warehouse applications. You have some knowledge of automobile insurance systems.
Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)
Extract Transform Load (Etl)