Extron is looking for a DevOps Engineer as a member of a growing and highly skilled software design and engineering team. Alongside software development, the DevOps Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve software engineering excellence based on industry standards and best practices and personal experience. The DevOps engineer will evolve, maintain and secure the team's continuous build, integration and deployment strategies and infrastructure. They will also, implement and enforce the principles of modern, services based system architecture within the engineering team. Sustainably drive the team towards the selection of appropriate tools and technologies. Finally, they will work with the team on specifying, architecting and designing products with excellent operationable characteristics. Required qualifications
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years software development experience using enterprise level programming languages.
- History in defining and operating virtual and cloud based infrastructure and services following the infrastructure as code principle.
- Familiarity with configuration management strategies and tools like Ansible and Helm.
- Hands-on experience with build automation and continuous integration tools.
- Basic knowledge of Unix based systems.
- Experience using a variety of Amazon's Web Services offerings.
- Expertise in IaC using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Provision software solutions using containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Monitoring, alerting and reporting enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Great sense of humor.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1466
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.