To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Information Technology
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Tempe, AZ
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Precision Technologies Tempe has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include the, Aerospace, Healthcare Scientific Instrumentation, and complex electro-mechanical equipment. Our Capabilities Include:
• Precision CNC 5-Axis Milling and Turning
• Precision 5-Axis Grinding of Aerospace Turbine Engine Nozzles and Blades
• Close Tolerance (Micron level) Instrumentation Grinding
• Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) NADCAP approved
• Complex Electro-Mechanical assembly and test (Class 1K & 10K clean room)
• Functional testing
• Medium to Large Coordinate Measuring Capabilities Our Precision Technologies Division is seeking a motivated IT Manager to support operations in our CA, AZ, and Guaymas sites. The successful candidate Will plan, manage and coordinate information systems, software, hardware and telecommunications related activities for maximum up-time and optimal balance of performance and cost/benefit. Develop and continuously improve business processes and IT systems
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Understands the total business operation to include material procurement, order entry, forecasting, manufacturing, invoicing, customer returns, inventory levels and on-time delivery
• Communicates effectively, in both written and verbal formats
• Effectively mentors employees at all levels
• Understands and uses continuous improvement tools
• Drives solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision
• Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company
• Demonstrates leadership and people management skills
• Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction
• Solid financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship-building, and project management
• Leads or participates in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Available for travel up to 10% of the time, including day and overnight travel as required.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Technical Systems Experience in the following:
• Microsoft Windows Server versions 2003-2012R2
• Microsoft Windows Hyper-V 2012R2
• ADUC/GPO management
• Understands DHCP/DNS/IP networks
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (not required)
• Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
• Cisco switching/VLAN mgmt. a plus (not required)
• Backup Exec
• Windows XP – 2010 client
• Office 2007 – 2013 (including MS Visio and MS Project)
• Shop environment DNC or other communications a plus (not required)
• Crystal Reports a plus (not required) This position will provide technical support for all client and server systems in addition to managing the department so technical knowledge is a MUST. Management Responsibilities Project Management: Manage all new/existing technical projects for PT. This includes systems upgrades, new solution rollouts. Will manage all aspects including identifying key project team, time to implement, budget, and business impact. Will work with management teams to communicate actions, identify gaps, and provide timelines. Process Analysis / Technical Improvement Initiatives: Analyze existing technical processes and implement process improvements. Identify key gaps and work toward solid technical solutions. Examples include: - Floor DNC implementation streamlining program delivery to machining equipment. Solution provided direct and secured program transfer over the network, direct to machine memory. This reduced scrap and prevented unnecessary program changes without direct departmental approvals. - Paperless initiative improved process of material to the floor, routing control and reduction of printed paper Bill of Material and Routers. Design: Designs encompassed LAN/WAN, server architecture, application environment, training metrics, disaster recovery, end user support management. Develop solid policies and documentation following corporate guidelines. Team management: Analyze key technical trends and move team toward goals that benefit the organization need. Promote synergy within the technical team and enhance internal customer support. Drive team toward technical goals and manage team operations and support initiatives. Contract management: Develop key contacts for technical model and negotiate all contracts for the organization. Continue to evaluate and monitor agreements with vendors to ensure proper usage and price point. Documentation and Audit. Contribute to the authoring and modification of Standard Operating Procedures and Technical Work Instructions as needed to support business need. Design and maintain audit requirements and documentation to meet Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
8+ years information systems experience ; 5 + years leadership experience preferred. Multiple or Large site (600+ employees and associated revenue/customer base)
4-year technology degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.