This is a direct RLE position working on-site with one of our established customers in a joint RLE / customer team to develop and launch a low-volume performance sports car. This Vehicle Integration NVH Engineer will work closely with the System Integration and Design Release Engineering teams to determine the NVH functional objectives and complete physical validation for all vehicle and system level NVH requirements. Though specific functional targeting and benchmarking, this engineer will work through design best practices for local dynamic stiffness, global stiffness, transfer function requirements and all necessary content definition to meet the NVH functional objectives.
This engineer should be a trained NVH Engineer and have a strong background in functional areas such as Powertrain Mounting Design, Powertrain calibration, and Chassis design, preferably understand all functional disciplines and design criteria. Additionally, a strong candidate should be an excellent evaluator of automobiles from every aspect of the product.
- Create and maintain technical specifications for the vehicle for noise, vibration & harshness requirements
- Lead regular vehicle integration reviews with the broader team to develop and achieve all vehicle targets with the lead NVH engineer's guidance.
- Develop and execute testing and validation plan of the vehicle with documentation via vehicle testing plans and specific DVP&Rs
- Meet all performance, packaging, cost, and timing objectives
- Lead or support as required, any required body and chassis tuning programs
- Own and manage instrumentation and data analysis for all problem solving to achieve targets and root cause things gone wrong
- Other deliverables as defined by manager
- Lead engineer for development and achievement of NVH functional objectives for a new vehicle
- Lead virtual and physical validation efforts for both the Design Verification and Process Verification phases of the program.
- Act as technical NVH lead for all functional objectives to connect good design practices and ensure achievement of NVH functional targets.
- Manage vehicle development team proactively, with focused technical problem-solving mind set. Lead project from start to finish.
- Support development/testing strategy and timing plan to ensure compatibility with overall program; monitor resources as required to minimize risks; support alternate plans as required.
- Balance all NVH functional objectives and elevate where conflicts are
- Support prototype and production assembly events at domestic location in Corona, Ca
- Responsible for NVH vehicle development for powertrain NVH, ride and shake, wind noise and operational sound quality
- This is a NVH vehicle development engineer position, not CAE
- Will require driving testing and analysis of NVH data with presentation to management.
- Full NVH vehicle ownership from concept to launch.
- This includes: chassis, wind noise, powertrain noise, acoustic sound package, exhaust, and driveline tuning.
- Must be able to drive high horsepower RWD manual transmission vehicles
- BS in Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years experience in vehicle development (NVH, impact, dynamics and/or body or chassis design)
- Prior experience with evaluation of automobiles
- Experience with virtual simulation tools for above disciplines